Has your agency’s HR department become tired and frustrated having to track down every clinician when their qualification renewal expires?
Renewable items tracking can be a tiresome process when your agency doesn’t have an EMR that can alert clinicians that their qualification has expired. Let alone making sure that the clinicians renew them on time with their busy schedules.
As an agency, would you rather your HR department spend all day chasing down clinicians or focusing on other important issues, and letting your software handle the qualification renewal tracking?
Chasing Down Clinicians Constantly
When it comes to renewables, tracking such items usually involves running a report at the beginning of the month to determine what will expire, and expecting HR staff to make sure that every clinician has renewed said qualification before it expires to stay compliant. Therefore, taking time out of HR’s day to bug the clinicians to complete training and to send in their documents.
HR already has a lot on their plate. It must be exhausting and tiresome to figure out who needs to renew their license or other qualification and make sure the paperwork is in place to support it.
Wouldn’t it be nice to have a software that tracks these renewable items for your HR department and alerts not only HR management, but also the individual clinicians of items that will expire in the next 30 days? Then HR could focus on any of the myriad of other areas they track like payroll, benefits, new hires, ect. EMRs need to be able to track when qualifications expire, engage the owner of the qualification in the process and hold them accountable to by taking action to protect the agency from audit if they fail to complete them..
Say hello to KanTime.
How KanTime Handles It
With KanTime’s EMR software, an agency’s HR department can handle qualifications renewal tracking with ease. No more running around and hunting down clinicians each month and reminding them of the requirement to complete the recertification training so they can continue to earn a living and the agency can stay compliant.
Below are a few features in KanTime that can make HR’s job easier and help an agency stay compliant.
- In KanTime’s EMR, there are configurable role based dashboards that generate alerts dependent on the role the user has in the system, all in near real time. Alerts are sent to HR’s dashboard widget informing them of which renewable items are expiring in the next thirty days.
- One of the cool things about the dashboard is that KanTime engages the clinicians and other staff as a team in the qualifications management effort by populating an HR widget to their dashboard with their own expirations. Clinicians can’t use the excuse of “I didn’t know, nobody told me or I forgot”. It is right there on their dashboard alerting them as they use the KanTime system every day.
Office Mail – “KanTime’s HIPAA compliant internal communications system”
- In addition to dashboard alerts, KanTime has the ability to let HR communicate with the clinicians through office mail right from within their HR Management Report. If a clinician has a license that is about to expire, HR can send them an email notifying them of the expiration and reminding them of consequences, etc.
- Should the qualification expire, this too will be alerted on the dashboard widget, but KanTime can be configured to automatically notify the clinician of the expiration without HR effort.
Mandatory vs Non Mandatory
- In KanTime, HR can configure each qualification renewal as a mandatory item or not. If HR deems that it’s mandatory, they can configure the system to automatically perform certain tasks should the license expire.
- Some examples are:
- Remove the clinician from the schedule and remove their name from the scheduling list
- Remove their ability to document care
- Send a separate office mail notification to the clinician
- And further reporting in support of the above.
- This greatly reduces the risk of audit compliance issues and possible recoupement for providing unqualified services. KanTime agencies report zero discrepancy audits on a regular basis.
Due to KanTime’s configurable role-based dashboards and office mail, HR can communicate with clinicians efficiently. In addition, KanTime manages by exception to ensure that agencies stay in compliance while delivering quality patient care.
KanTime – How Better Happens