KanTime, Healthcare Provider Solutions (HPS), and Waystar hosted a webinar last week about the 2022 Hospice Proposed Rule.
Below is a summary of the new updates and changes included in the 2022 Hospice Proposed Rule. If you would like to watch the full webinar you can click here.
During the webinar, Melinda Gaboury, CEO of HPS, discussed important updates and changes expected in the Hospice Proposed Rule. Since many of the changes will affect revenue and labor, early awareness can be crucial for Hospice agencies.
These new updates apply to:
Wage Index/Payment Rates
- Hospice payment update of +2.3%
- Economic impact is around $530 million in increased payment to hospices.
Hospice Cap Amounts
- Hospice cap amount increased by 2.3%.
- 2021: $30,683.93 → 2022: $31,389.66
Rebase and Revise Labor Shares
- CMS wants to establish separate labor shares for each level of care and base those shares on the calculated compensation cost weights for each level from the 2018 MCR data.
- The major components are: Direct patient care salaries, Direct patient care cost benefits, other patient care salaries, overhead salaries and overhead benefit costs.
Other areas of change that are presently included in the 2022 Hospice Proposed Rule:
- Conditions of Participation
- Quality Reporting Program
These changes aren’t going to slow down and your agency needs to be prepared for next year. It’s better to start preparing now for 2022, than to be left behind and playing catch up.
If you have any questions or want to learn more about KanTime check out our website or request a demo today!