Demystifying Deprescribing Panel Discussion
During this panel, discussion industry experts Wendie Colvin, MSN, RN, Maria Wharton MHA, BSN, RN, COS-C, David Bougher, RN, BSN, and Deanna Heath, RN will answer questions on deprescribing.
Our discussion will include:
- Tips on discussing deprescribing with the patient and family using the FRAME format
- How to approach the patient’s physician about deprescribing
- How do you explain the typical patient outcomes that are seen when deprescribing occurs?
- Is it best to just stop the medications or is tapering better?
- What challenges do hospice and palliative care clinicians typically experience during the deprescribing process?
- Is the benefit vs burden conversation different when deprescribing medications that are doing nothing vs medications that are/may be causing harm?
- Does technology play a role in managing deprescribing and what should you look for in a good partner?